May 20, 2015

20.05.2015 - Documenting the Breaking Stereotypes Project

Human nature being what it is, whether we acknowledge it or not, we tend to think using stereotypes, don't we? Well, at Kugel High School in Holon, having taught "Mr. Know-All" in our 10th grade 5 point classes, we teachers decided to get our pupils to work on a Mini-project called "Breaking Stereotypes". You see, there are stereotypes for teachers, pupils, Jewish Settlers, Ashkenazi and Sefaradi Jews, Arabs, football players, Hapoel Holon Basketball fans (I am one of them), and the like, so I have let my pupils work in groups or on their own to choose and break a stereotype. Since I am the stereotype of a teacher who is crazy about Moodle and using new technologies when teaching, I have got my pupils to carry out an entirely digital project. They are at it, and I have been documenting what they have done so far. .

No comments:

Post a Comment