Oct 29, 2014

Games in Schools

I joined an online course on Games in Schools. As I do not use games much, I guess I may be lead to use them as I learn about them. I tend to use those digital games that touch on subjects, or on vocabulary or grammar, I teach, but then I guess there is more to games than that. They call it "Gamification", don't they?
I have just read EUN's  ‘Digital Games in Schools" and learned things about games I had not given much thought about before. The prospect of using games sounds promising. Equally important, I feel I need more time to look into the games participants mention both on the FB group and on the course page. I hope to get to checks ome (at least that).
Incidentally, having so many primary school teachers who mention different games  also helps since I have to be updated on possible uses on that area ,, (I might find what to integrate on a workshop I will give on using tools in the classroom). As a high school teacher, I will also profit from what felow HS teachers introduce (at least to the extent I can follow).






No comments:

Post a Comment