Oct 29, 2014

Alternative assessment -a Beer Sheba morning workshop


I was at a Ministry of Education workshop on Alternative Assessment in Beer Sheba yesterday.
Sherman Rosenfeld did certainly a great job presenting the subject (he got people to do things rather than talk about the subject. This is surely in kine with the things he is interested in and teaches teachers to do).
While the subject of the workshop is important enough, I learned something else as well: Sherman spoke briefly, and showed me Ron Berger's "Leaders of their own Learning" Book. I read a few things and hope I may get  a chance to read more some time later.
A few Holon High Schools (and Kugel High School taking a leading role) have taken up PBL as done by High Tech High. This seems to be another approach which merits checking.
I am glad I was sent to attend the workshop (it was well worth leaving at 5.30 to get hte train to be in beer Sheba on time).

No comments:

Post a Comment