Jul 18, 2014

This is not about Moodle ...


This is not about Moodle or teacher training, or any professional concern whatsoever, but then neither was the post on the World Cup, so I will publish it anyway. I have been living in Israel for many, many years and have had all sort of experiences here, being as I am, a citizen of the country by choice. This has meant having my share in rights as well as responsibilities. It has also meant living through wars, terror attacks of all sorts, etc. I hope for peace, and am willing to pay the price for it, but terror and hypocrisy concerning Israel are something I will always reject.
There are many ways to show that Israelis don't put the other cheek to get another blow when we get one. One way is to live a normal life as far as possible, even when among many other things that involves running to take shelter during sirens. This has meant that this week, when we have family visiting us and staying in our home, I have taken them on the usual tour of Israel: a lot of Jerusalem, very much of Holon and Tel Aviv , a bit of Haifa, and so on, and everything using public transportation (bus, train, tram, and even "subway"!) . There has been a lot of walking.
Hurrah to a grandfather and grandson who barely two hours after landing from Argentina experienced their first siren a week ago, and have lived through every other one like we do, acting by the book, that is  in accordance with the IDF's Home Front instructions.
These photo albums show what we have done and where I have taken them .I like every place we have been to (having visited each so many times before, and learned much about them so as to explain what they are).
I feel very sorry about the victims of a war that is forced upon us, and quite worried about our soldiers. Indeed, living a normal life as far as possible is one Israeli way of showing how our enemies will never defeat us.

Incidentally, I adhere to Martin Varsavsky's words on this post.
















No comments:

Post a Comment